An important single occasional sidetable designed by E.W. Godwin in 1867 and made by William Watt. These tables were produced in the late 1860's and through the 1870's. Godwin originally designed this table for his own use when he moved from Bristol to London and in the forward to the William Watt catalogue he complains about how this design had been Plagiarized by other companies which we can all to often see on the market today, inferior copies lacking quality and presence.
See The secular furniture of E.W. Godwin by Susan Weber Soros page 143.