Sir Frank Brangwyn, RA (1867-1956), an oak elbow chair, the square back with carved ram's horns, re-upholstered leather seat, square supports joined by stretchers, 89cm high See 'Frank Brangwyn 1867-1956' Leeds Museums and Galleries 2006, p. 149 for an illustration of these chairs in situ. See also Andrews, John 'Arts and Crafts Furniture' Antique Collectors Club, p. 201. This chair was designed by Brangwyn for the first class dining room the 'Salle Jacques Cartier' of the Canadian Pacific liner, the SS Empress of Britain. She was launched in 1931 by the Prince of Wales, later Edward VIII. The chairs were made by H. H. Martyn and Co., Cheltenham.