Talwin Morris (attributed), a rare Glasgow School cast iron stick, inset with the original tubelined tile of a Glasgow Rose, probably by Pilkington's, cast 'No 176' and 'Rd No 479021', 72.5cm high, 37.5cm wide, 18cm deep Talwin Morris has in the past been counted as the fifth member of the Glasgow Four, because of his maturity and long standing friendship with 'The Spook School' of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Herbert Macnair, and Margaret and Francis Macdonald. He was first to translate their ideas into commercial design and the first collector of items that they designed and produced. He came to Glasgow in 1893, a crucial time in the development of the Glasgow Style, to take up his post as art director of Blackie and Sons publishing house. He had studied as an architect and designed many items of jewellery, hand beaten metalwork and even pieces of furniture, which are rare. He is most famous for his incredible Glasgow Style designs of metalwork and for the book covers for Blackie and others but possibly the most most significant of all was that he secured for Macintosh the commission for the Blackie's new home in Helensborough, The Hill House, considered Macintosh's greatest domestic design.